Proteus is an adaptive system that offers a student questions, based on the student's current knowledge. Creating a Proteus module requires the presence of learning objectives, a pool of questions and the assignment of learning goals to these questions. The generation of questions is described in the sections Developing questions and Uploading questions. The addition of predefined learning objectives to the system and the assignment of these objectives to the questions is described below.
Uploading learning objectives:
By following the upcoming steps new objectives can be added to your questions.
- Log in to Drupal if not logged in yet.
- From the menu on the left side choose “administer->content management->taxonomy”
- On the top of the screen two options are visible, choose add vocabulary. Give a name to your vocabulary. For example, name it to the name of the course this questionnaire is made for. Last, put checks in front of the options ‘closed questions’ and ‘proteus quiz’. Further fields do not have to be filled in. now save your settings.
- The vocabulary is now added and an option is now available called ‘add terms’, click this option.
- A new site is loaded. In this site it is only necessary to fill in the term name. this could be for example the name of a chapter or a distinct subject within the course.
Assigning learning objectives to your questions
Insert your questions as described in Uploading questions but after step 3, continue by adding learning objectives to your questions:
- Click on the line: “Proteus settings.” A menu will open on which you can add objectives. Once an objective is chosen scores can be given for this question.
- All entries have been done for adding a question to drupal. For saving the question click the button “save” and the question will be saved in the drupal system. After saving the end result will be shown. If you first want to see the end result before saving choose “preview.”
Creating a Proteus module
Next, choose the learning objectives you want to be part of your learning module with the following steps:
- Choose 'Create content' in the navigation bar on the left.
- Select Proteus Quiz.